What Does Facebook’s Instant Articles Mean for Your Practice?
Learn What the Buzz is All About Surrounding Facebook’s Instant Articles
You may have seen something come across your radar concerning Facebook Instant Articles for mobile, and were wondering just what it is and is it going to benefit a small business like me? Well, the answer is yes, just not yet.
Facebook Instant Articles are a new platform for publishing content on Facebook that load much faster than normal articles on Facebook, have several multimedia enhancements that make this more of an experience than just an article, and ultimately give the publisher much more control than they had previously.
But what can it do for me you ask? Well at this time, it’s in a testing mode with only 9 publishers as part of the trial. (The New York Times, National Geographic, BuzzFeed, NBC, The Atlantic, The Guardian, BBC News, Spiegel and Bild) Facebook wants to ultimately roll this out to anyone who wants to share stories, but that is not available at this time.
Awesome features of Facebook Instant Articles
- Want to put in embedded tweets, YouTube videos, photos, image galleries, videos and interactive graphics directly into the posts? Not a problem! They will even start directly up, increasing time on site and engagement.
- Need more detail? You can use the handy zoom feature to have a closer look into videos, images and maps.
- Like what you see? You can Like or comment on pages directly inside the app!
- Publish your own logos and Facebook Fan page follow buttons within the story.
- Need more stats? Your Google Analytics integrate nicely with the articles.
Sponsored content will be allowed (as with Buzzfeed) but the key here is that for best results you’ll want to publish amazing content. You aren’t tied solely to Instant Articles if you want to publish on the Newsfeed, but the advantages are huge.
The look and feel of Facebook Instant Articles will mark a raising of the bar with regards to publishing content on the web, particularly the mobile web. Once people have seen the amazing versatility and engagement possible with this platform, you’ll have a hard time getting them to settle for anything less.